21 Mar FEBRUARY/ MARCH
*Disclaimer- I am currently binge watching Grey’s Anatomy in a sweatshirt and joggers but reminiscing through blog and vacation photos.*
Happy Friday! I have officially been working from home for one week and while I am appreciative and beyond thankful to have a career where I am able to work from my laptop business as usual, I am counting down the days until my alarm goes off for the gym in the morning and Caleb and I can happy hour at our favorite places after work. Today officially marks 50 days until May 9th– the date that may or may not be our wedding day. In the last seven days I have felt frustrated; I have felt heartbroken; I have felt anger. And then I woke up one morning and decided that it was time for me to stop focusing on what, when, why, where and become thankful. I started to deliberately take five to ten minutes of every day and list off the things I am thankful for in my life right now and I want to encourage each of you to do the same.
This week I am thankful for…
- Life at Nielsen and a career where I have the ability to work from home.
- The Northwest Arkansas community and their commitment to support local business and families
- Wedding vendors/ venue
- Bentonville Wellness continuing to provide a healthy meal alternative while I snack from my ‘office’ all day. Does anyone else have this problem? –As I have a share size bag of Fudge Brownie M&M’s next to me.
- A fiancé who continues to support, love, and encourage me when the unknown timeline sends fear through my heart.
- A home full of family to have game nights with and more meaningful phone calls with family outside of NWA
- The Chick-fil-A drive thru
- The best bridal party/ girl squad still hyping me up about a moved Bachelorette weekend
- New arrivals and all things comfy hitting my favorite stores. Sharing my current favorites/ what’s in my cart below to survive WFH the next few weeks.
As you can read from above, some of these things are monumental and some are just what I needed in the right moment this week. If you follow along on Instagram, I am going to continue to post 5-10 things I am thankful for each week of social distancing and want to hear from you as well! With all of this being said, I want to end tonight’s blog post by offering you this- my time. If you are struggling or broken or confused and frustrated about what is right now and you need somebody to vent to or have pray over you, I want this space to be for you. I know it’s not my most recent outfit or travel adventure but it is what, in my opinion, we need right now. We need to pray over those around us. We need to be thankful for the little things that happen each day. And we need to remember that this too shall pass.
“When our world is shaken, it’s easy for fear to spread. But God promises to be with us no matter what comes our way. In times of uncertainty, it’s more important than ever to trust who God is and how He says we can live—Not Afraid.”
Thank you for stopping by Lifestyle Cassie today, I truly appreciate it.